Click here to download The Summer Events Calendar!
TK Kirkland @ The Funny Bone
* TK has built a nationwide following from his tour hosting work for the likes of 50 Cent, Eminem and Madonna. * His first big break came when his Compton neighbor,Eazy-E, put him on a national tour with the rap group NWA. He caused a sensation, never before had a comedian drawn as much publicity and controversy on a music tour.* Mr. Kirkland worked with people and groups like Ice Cube, Rude Boys, Public Enemy and having appeared in music videos by such recording artists as 2nd To None and AMG.
RICHARD PAUL EVANS INTRODUCES NEWEST MICHAEL VEY NOVEL @ Books & Co
Tuesday, September 23 at 7 pm
Richard Paul Evans will introduce his latest exciting young adult novel, Michael Vey 4: Hunt for Jade Dragon, on Tuesday, September 23 at 7 pm at Books & Co. at The Greene, 4453 Walnut Street, Beavercreek. In the book, Michael Vey, Taylor, Ostin and the rest of the Electroclan head to China in search of a girl who may have discovered why Michael and his friends became electric. Her name is Lin Julung, or Jade Dragon, and she’s a child prodigy with an IQ higher than Einstein’s – and Ostin’s. But Hatch gets to her first and Jade Dragon is being held prisoner in the Taiwan Starxource plant. Can Michael and the Electroclan free her before Hatch can realize his dream of an army of electric children to do his evil bidding? Besides the Michael Vey series, Richard Paul Evans has also written The Christmas Box, The Walk series, and many other New York Times bestselling books. For an interview, please contact Beth Parker at 212-698-7324. For additional event information, please contact Sharon Kelly Roth at 937-429-6302.
Matt Braunger @ The Funny Bone
* Matt was recently a series regular on MADtv, his television credits also include The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, The Late Show with David Letterman, United States of Tara, Pushing Daisies, Carpoolers, Acceptable TV, and Live At Gotham and Up All Night.* Matt has performed at a variety of prestigious comedy festivals including the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal, and Chicago, The TBS Comedy Festival Las Vegas, South By Southwest, and won the 2008 “Best Of The Fest” at the inaugural Rooftop Comedy Festival in Aspen.
Dave Coulier @ The Funny Bone
* Dave is perhaps best known as “Joey” from the hit ABC television series, Full House, which aired for eight seasons (1987-1995, with 192 episodes produced) and can now be seen on the Nickelodeon and ABC Family network lineups.* Dave followed this success by hosting his second prime-time hit series, America's Funniest People, which ran on ABC for four seasons. Dave also hosted ABC's World's Funniest Videos and his own series, Out of Control for Nickelodeon. Dave hosted Animal Kidding on the Animal Planet Network. Dave hosted two seasons of America’s Most Talented Kids for the i Network.* Highly regarded for his voice-over talent, Dave's additional credits include many Saturday morning cartoon favorites. He began by doing voices on Hanna- Barbera's Scooby Doo and the re-syndicated version of The Jetson's. Dave then went on to lend his versatile voice to Jim Henson's multiple Emmy Award-winning animated series, The Muppet Babies
Fall Fashion Show in Town Square
Friday, Sept 26th Starts at 5:30pm
See the latest fashions from some of your favorite retailers. Block party immediately following. Join us for our Beer garden and live music with Stranger.Proceeds benefitting Daybreak
Yappy Hour @ Moochie & Co
Sunday September 28th 1-6PM
Shop with your dog the last Sunday of the month from 1-6PM and save 20% off your entire regular price purchase!
CARL HIAASEN INTRODUCES HIS FIRST YOUNG ADULT NOVEL @ Books & Co
Monday, September 29 at 7 pm
Carl Hiaasen will introduce his first book for young adults, Skink No Surrender, on Monday, September 29 at 7 pm at Books & Co. at The Greene, 4453 Walnut Street, Beavercreek. Line numbers will be given out beginning at 6 pm. Please show your books&co receipt for Skink No Surrender to get a line number.) To avoid being shipped off to boarding school, Classic Malley takes off with some guy she met online. Her cousin Richard knows she’s in trouble before she does. Enter Wild Skink, the one-eyed ex-governor of Florida and enough of a renegade to think he can track Malley down. So with Richard riding shotgun, this unlikely pair scours the state, undaunted by blinding storms, crazed pigs, and giant gators on their search for Malley. With Skink at the wheel, the search for the missing girl is both nail-bitingly tense and laugh-out-loud funny. Teens and adults will enjoy this book! Carl Hiaasen writes a column for The Miami Herald and is the author of many bestselling novels, including Star Island and Bad Monkey, Hoot, Hiaasen’s first novel for young readers, was the recipient of numerous awards, including the prestigious Newbery Honor. For an interview, please contact Kathleen Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional event information, please contact Sharon Kelly Roth at 937-429-6302.
TAMMY YORK INTRODUCES BOOK ABOUT HIKING NEARBY @ Books & Co
Wednesday, October 1 at 7 pm
Tammy York will discuss her book, 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Cincinnati, on Wednesday, October 1 at 7 pm at Books & Co. at the Greene, 4453 Walnut Street, Beavercreek. Her program will include a PowerPoint presentation. Tammy will get you in the mood to get outdoors as she talks about the wonderful sights right here in our area, including Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve, Sugarcreek Metro Park, Sharon Woods, Spring Valley Wildlife Area, Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum, and much more. There’s so much to see and you don’t have to go far to see it! Tammy York is a trained and seasoned naturalist with over 16 years of field experience and worked with Indiana and Ohio Departments of Natural Resources. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.
POLITICAL CARTOONIST TED RALL TO VISIT @ Books & Co
Thursday, October 2 at 7 pm
Political cartoonist and graphic journalist Ted Rall will introduce his new book, After We Kill You, We Will Welcome You Back As Honored Guests, on Thursday, October 2 at 7 pm at Books & Co. at The Greene, 4453 Walnut Street, Beavercreek. Ted has been to Afghanistan twice, first in the wake of 9/11 and then ten years later. Neither time was he “safely” embedded with the U.S. forces, but instead went as an independent journalist seeking to uncover the truth of what was happening in Afghanistan. He was often in dangerous, life-threatening situations as he filed daily reports via satellite. The book is a mix of travelogue, photography, and comics as he portrays the realities of what really happened when American went to war. Ted Rall is the author and illustrator of many graphics novels and books of political criticism and travel writing, including The Year of Loving Dangerously, Silk Road to Ruin: Is Central Asia the New Middle East?, and The Book of Obama: How We Went from Hope and Change to the Age of Revolt. His political cartoons are nationally syndicated and are regularly seen locally in the Dayton City Paper. He is originally from Kettering. Ohio.For an interview, please contact Steven Pfau at Steven.Pfau@fsgbooks.com or 212—206-5326. For additional event information, please contact Sharon Kelly Roth at 937-429-6302.
Josh Sneed @ The Funny Bone
October 2nd - 5th
* After quitting a comfy day job working for Procter & Gamble, he’s made excellent strides in following his passion for making people laugh working with such acts as Dave Chappelle, Dane Cook, and the late Mitch Hedberg.* His album, entitled “Unacceptable” was selected by iTunes as one of the “10 Best Comedy Albums of 2008”. Josh also filmed a 30-minute special for the network entitled “Comedy Central Presents: Josh Sneed”, and has been seen on “Premium Blend”.* Josh has also be seen performing in large venue theaters across the country as an opening act for the various members of "The Blue Collar Comedy Tour", has made several appearances on "The Bob & Tom Show".
2nd Annual "We Dance to Remember" Zumba Block Party
Sunday, October 5th 4-6pm *Rain date October 12th 4-6pm
Zumba block party proceeds benefit the Skylar Kooken Scholarship Fund, Sophie Kerrigan For the Love of Animals Memorial Foundation, and the Julianna Hawk Memorial Fund
Huge Restyling and Remounting Event @ Kay's
Friday Oct 10
Kay Jewelers @the Greene937.426.0039Before your eyes take your stone and set it into a new mounting.Selection is fabulous. Hundredsto choose from. Trade ins .Special financing available.Diamonds all shapes sizes. Fancy colors. Update yourJewelry
Taylor Williamson @ The Funny Bone
October 17th -19th
* Taylor started performing stand-up comedy while he was a senior in high school in Del Mar, California. He now lives in Los Angeles and travels the globe telling jokes.* Taylor performed at the prestigious JUST FOR LAUGHS COMEDY FESTIVAL in Montreal, Canada and was the youngest comedian to ever perform on THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH CRAIG FERGUSON. He also appeared on MTV’s TRL, COMEDY CENTRAL’S LIVE AT GOTHAM and was a semi-finalist on NBC's LAST COMIC STANDING. * Sunday performance will be open to ages 13 & up!
Kevin Nealon @ The Funny Bone
October 24th -25th
* With his unique sense of humor, profound dry wit and likeable demeanor, Kevin Nealon has established himself as one of the premiere television, theatrical and stand-up comedians of his generation. * As a cast member of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (1986-1995), Kevin is most recognized for the characters he created, including; “The Subliminal Man,” “Hans and Franz,” and anchoring “Weekend Update.”* Currently, Kevin can be seen on Showtime’s Golden Globe Winning hit series “WEEDS”.
The Greene Town Center
4428 Glengarry Drive
Beavercreek, Oh 45440
© 2014 The Greene Town Center